February 15, 2011

Chewy Lemon Sugar Cookies

I found these cookies on a blog I was ready aaaages ago and have gone to try making them a couple of times but then realized I didn't have all the ingredients. Unfortunately when I printed off the recipe, I think I copied and pasted it into a Word document and so my print out doesn't have the name of the blog on it. So if you know where these came from or who made them first please let me know, because then I'll be able to give proper credit.
These cookies were super easy to make and I'm so glad that I got to try them after such a long time. I really like soft cookies so these were perfect for me. I also really liked the contrast between the bite of the salt and lemon and the sweetness of the sugar.
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
250g butter
1 cup sugar
zest of 1 lemon
1 egg
1/3 cup coarse sugar (caster sugar or plain sugar works if that's all you have)
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Line baking trays with baking paper.
2. Sift the flour, salt and baking soda together.
3. Cream the butter, 1 cup of sugar and lemon zest until very smooth. Add the egg and continue to beat until fluffy. Pour in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. 
 4. Place the remaining 1/3 cup of sugar into a bowl. Form balls out of the cookie dough 2 inches in diameter and roll them through the sugar. Arrange on a cookie sheet 4 inches apart. 
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are just golden. The tops of the cookies should remain pale. Cool completely on the cookie sheets before removing to a plate. 

Recipe Source: 
Unknown - please let me know if you or someone you know is behind the creation of this fabulous recipe! I am more than happy to give you the credit due to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

share post

Facebook