July 10, 2012

Pig & Monkey Cupcakes

I made some cupcakes over the weekend for my sister's friend. It was my first paid request for baking that I've had so I was just a tad nervous! I made these cute pig and mouse cupcakes as the request was for animals - 5 of each. 
Not exactly Martha Stewart, but I'm pretty proud of my little creations. 
For the pigs I used two tones of pink butter cream icing for the face, snout and nose. Then I used two brown mini m&ms for the eyes and cut some sour pink strips into triangles for the ears.
For the mouse I used butter cream icing with no colour for the face. The nose and whiskers were both made out of liquorice and the ears and eyes were both made out of different sized chocolate buttons. 
 These two cupcakes give you an idea of how I decorated the red velvet cupcakes. I've seen cupcakes at lots of different stores around Melbourne decorated like this so I thought I'd give it a go. It turns out to be the easiest way of decorating I've done, yet I think it still looks very cute. These are a couple of cupcakes I made for my niece Ruby's 2nd birthday with light pink and cream icings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

share post

Facebook